Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show your love in a big way, so valentine’s day bags are becoming popular. What better way than through a handmade gift that shows how much you care? This year, don’t settle for store-bought cards and chocolates — make your own DIY Valentine’s Day bags instead!
The best thing about making your own DIY valentines day bags is that they’re completely customizable. You can choose what color you want, what fabric you want and even make it match your partner’s personality.
DIY valentine’s day bags ideas
We’ve rounded up some of the best DIY Valentine’s Day bag tutorials to help you create your own cute bag in time for February 14th! They all require minimal materials, so you won’t have to break the bank to make them. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
1) This fabric bag can be made with just a few supplies. The best part is that you can make it any size or shape you want by using different types of fabric!
2) This cute little bag is made from felt and decorated with buttons, ribbons and other embellishments. It would be perfect for holding candy or another small gift!
3) These adorable heart-shaped bags are perfect for storing small toys inside. They’re also easy to make — all you need is some felt squares and some ribbon!
4) This adorable pillowcase makes a great gift because it can be personalized with your sweetheart’s name or initials embroidered on it! You could also use this pattern to make drawstring pajama bags.
How to DIY valentine’s day bags?
1. Print out the template and cut it out on a piece of cardboard.
2. Use double sided tape to stick the template on the surface you want to use as a bag.
3. Cut out the outline of your bag with scissors or an exacto knife.
4. Fold over one side of your template so that it overlaps itself by half an inch on the other side, then cut along the fold line so that you have an exact mirror image of your template. You should now have two identical pieces of paper with flaps on each side, which can be folded in half to form a box shape with four flaps at each end. The top flap should be left open for now though!
5. Bend one flap down towards the bottom flap, then bend another flap up from it towards the opposite side (so that they’re tucked in behind each other). This will form a small triangle shape between them, which can be used as a handle for your gift bag! Repeat this step for all four flaps until they’re all tucked away inside each other like so (make sure all 4 flaps are tucked behind each other before proceeding!).
Valentine’s day bags are perfect for any occasion, and if you want to make them extra special, fill them with candy or other treats for your loved ones. They’re also great for holding small gifts or other items that you want to keep safe from prying eyes. DIY valentines day bags are interesting things. If you need more inspiration, check out our full list of DIYs now! If you want to get more kid kids valentine cards ideas, please check here!