What’re the fun and easy valentine’s day craft ideas? Kids are excited to celebrate Valentine’s day, if you don’t want them to get bored with all the usual stuff like chocolates and flowers. Instead, add a little creativity to their lives by making some fun craft ideas.
10 fun and easy valentine’s day craft ideas
1. valentine Balloon Craft
This is a fun Valentine’s Day craft to make with your kids. They will love decorating their own balloons!
Materials: Balloons, Construction Paper, Tissue Paper, Glitter, Scissors and Glue.
Directions: Blow up your balloons. Cut out hearts from construction paper, and glue them on the balloon. Cut small pieces of tissue paper and glue them around the heart on the balloon. Add glitter to make it look sparkly!
2. Friendship Bracelet Cards
This is one of my favorite Valentine’s Day craft ideas. It’s so easy and fun to make, and it comes out looking so cute! You can make them for your loved ones or as a party favor for your friends. You’ll need:
Construction paper, hole punch, yarn or string, ribbon or twine, scissors
1. Cut out a heart shape from construction paper and then use your scissors to cut a slit in the top of the heart, about 1/2 inch down.
2. Punch holes on either side of the heart and thread your string through each hole, tying a knot at the end.
3. Tie each end of the string to another piece of paper or card with a cute message written on it and then tie it to your friend’s wrist!
3.Penguin Heart Craft
Your kids will love making this sweet Valentine’s day craft and you’ll enjoy having them spend time together.
Printed heart template (I used this one from Martha Stewart)
Cardstock or construction paper
Scissors and/or craft knife (adult only)
Glue stick and/or tape (adult only)
1. Print out the heart template onto cardstock or construction paper. I like to use cardstock because it’s sturdier than regular paper, but both will work just fine! Cut out as many hearts as you want to make. If you want to save time, you can also just trace the template onto construction paper first, then cut them out with scissors instead of using a printer.
2. Fold your heart in half and glue it closed on both sides of the crease so that it looks like an open book when finished! You can also just tape them shut if you prefer not to use glue sticks or have younger kids who might be tempted to taste-test your craft supplies…
3. Cut out your penguin’s body and head from white construction paper or cardstock, but leave his feet off for now so he can stand up.
4.Scratch Heart with Gift Cards
This is a fun valentine’s day craft ideas to give your kids a gift card. It’s easy to do and doesn’t require any special equipment or supplies. All you need is an old gift card (or two) and a little creativity.
1. Find an old gift card that you no longer use. It should be as flat as possible without being creased or torn.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut out the shape of a heart in the center of the card (or use this template).
3. Next, take another colorful piece of paper and use it as a stencil to trace around the edges of the heart until it’s completely covered in bright colors. Then use your fingers to press down on all sides of the stencil so that it sticks firmly onto your gift card cover (see photo).
4. Now take your scissors and cut along all four sides of your stencil shape (see photo). If you want even more color, add more stencils by repeating steps 3-4 until you’re happy with how it looks!
From heart garlands to cute little treat boxes, these easy valentine’s day craft ideas will have your kids smiling all weekend long.
You can make this heart garland in a jiffy and hang it on your wall. It’s the perfect craft for kids to make for Valentines Day.
-Cardboard (we used a cereal box)
-Ribbon or yarn
1. Draw hearts on cardboard with the sharpie (you can draw them freehand or use stencils). We made hearts of different sizes and colors.
2. Cut out the hearts with scissors or use a paper trimmer if you have one (this is easier for little hands).
3. Use a hole punch to create holes along the edges of each heart, then thread ribbon through them using yarn as shown below (or just tie knots if you don’t have any ribbon).
6.Mailbox Craft Kit
If your kids love to color, this is one of the great valentine’s day craft ideas to get them into the Valentine’s Day spirit. The kit comes with a mailbox, stamps and stickers for decorating, as well as envelopes. It’s a fun activity for the whole family!
7. Hot Air Balloon Craft
This is easy craft for kids to make. It’s also a great way to introduce your children to the wonderful world of hot air balloons.
What you will need:
Paper plate, black marker, scissors, glue stick and construction paper.
Step 1: Cut out a paper plate in the shape of a hot air balloon. You can let your child decorate the balloon with markers and stickers or leave it plain like ours.
Step 2: Glue the balloon onto some construction paper and your kid will have a great decoration for his/her room or school notice board!
8.Paper Bag Heart
If you’re looking for a simple Valentine’s Day craft ideas, these paper bag hearts are the perfect choice. They’re easy, fun and inexpensive to make!
All you need is some plain white paper bags (the small ones work best) and some markers or paint. You can also use stickers or other items to decorate them.
The first thing you need to do is draw a heart shape on your bag. Just cut off the bottom corners of the bag so it looks like a heart shape when folded over. Then fold it over and cut out a small slit on each side of your heart with scissors. That will be where you thread your ribbon through later on.
Now take your marker or paint and fill in your heart shape with color! Add some more details with colored pencils or markers if you want too!
9.heart shaped cookie cutter cake
Heart shaped cookie cutter
Sugar cubes (or marshmallows)
Red food colouring or icing in a bottle
Cake mix (you can use whatever flavour you prefer)
1. Prepare your cake batter according to the package instructions. While it’s baking, prepare your heart-shaped cookie cutter by greasing it with butter and flour or baking paper so that it doesn’t stick when you cut your cake later on.
2. Cut out your hearts while your cake is still warm from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Once they are cool, add one or two drops of red food colouring or icing in a bottle to each heart shape until it is completely covered in red! You can also make these into individual cupcakes if you prefer!
10.Cute heart necklace
You can make it extra special by making some cute crafts together. Some of the best Valentine’s Day craft ideas for kids are easy and fun to make.
A small piece of cardboard or wood (we used a 4×6 photo frame from Michaels)
Ribbon in red, pink and white
Glue gun and glue sticks
Scissors (or a craft knife)
1. Use scissors or a craft knife to cut out a heart shape from the cardboard or wood. The size of your heart will depend on how big you want it to be — ours was about 3 inches wide at its widest point. We selected a larger piece of cardboard so that our hearts would be easy for our preschooler to hold while she wore them around her neck.
2. Cut two pieces of ribbon in each color (red, pink and white). The length depends on how long you want the necklace strap to be — ours were about 18 inches each. You’ll also need two pieces of ribbon that are longer than this so that they can serve as ties at the back of your neck (ours were 8 inches long).