Hey ladies! Halloween grows closer each day, and you know what that means–it’s time to look for halloween costumes! But what kind of costume should you even wear? Scary? Funny? Sexy? All these options make it hard to pick something. And it’s even harder to find halloween makeup ideas to go with your costume. You want something unique yet simple for your look this year, right? Something easy to put together so you can spend more time having fun than getting ready? Worry not, dreadful darlings! We’ve put together some halloween makeup looks that’ll impress and terrify your friends! We even created step-by-step instructions for these makeup looks and recommended some convenient makeup kits to complete your ghoulish getup!
Scary Halloween Makeup Looks to Startle and Surprise
Halloween gives people the chance to look creepy and scare their friends and family. It’s the one night of the year folks can throw on haunting attire and have some spooky fun. What’s some spooky fun without halloween face makeup to finish it off? You can’t frighten anyone without a scary costume and makeup, right? Right! So what sort of look will get the most spooks out of your colleagues? You could always go with the classic witch costumes, or with a skeleton suit, but let’s face it–everyone is doing that.
Do you want your halloween makeup to strike fear into the hearts of everyone in your neighborhood? Think of things that people are scared of in everyday life. Ladies, we’ve got two words for you: clowns, and dolls. Anyone who sees you dressed as a doll or clown will be scared stiff! Of course, you’ll need some terrifying makeup to pull off these looks. Lucky for you, we put together some easy halloween makeup ideas to give you some inspiration! We even made some recommendations for what kind of makeup to use in these ghastly looks.
What to Use For Halloween Makeup Looks?
You’re going to need more than just your everyday makeup to decorate your face for the spooky season. Our Halloween makeup kit gives you all the colors and accessories you need! We have kits of all kinds, but we recommend this one for these looks. Combining our kits with your normal makeup will give you the best possible look for your getup. And of course, don’t forget the fake blood! Everything is creepier with blood in the mix.
Doll Halloween Makeup Looks
The first choice on our list is this creepy doll makeup halloween looks! You’ll stand out from the crowd with this getup for sure. Voodoo doll costume is underrated and extremely creepy. Think of all the movies out there that feature haunted dolls! For maximum scares, sit on the floor like a limp abandoned doll for your next party or social media post. Slowly moving your head to stare at someone will send chills down their spine! You can also stand with your arms stiffly bent, like some poseable dolls. It’ll look super chilling and unnatural, and will be sure to startle anyone! This simple halloween makeup takes only a few minutes, and you’ll be off scaring your friends in no time!
You’ll need your own eyeliner, eyeshadow, brushes, and lipstick for this look. Otherwise, you’ll have everything else you need with the our 26 Pcs Halloween Family Makeup Kit! It comes with makeup cream for the bright white base in this look. It also has black paint for the crack on the forehead, and lots of other colors if you want to modify the look a little! This set also includes blood gel so you can make the blood drips look realistic. The kit also includes an applicator in case you don’t have your own brushes at home. If you also don’t have the rest of the makeup you need, you can always use the paint that comes in the kit!
Doll Makeup Halloween Tutorial (Step 1 to 3)
Step 1: Eyeliner Wing Base
- Draw the wing base of your doll eyeliner of choice first. No need to fill it in. This is so you can easily retrace it once eyeshadow has been applied. Make it as big or small as you want, but big enough so the eyeshadow won’t fully cover the wings. We went for big eyeliner for a bold look!
Step 2: Eyeshadow + Eyeliner
- Blend black eyeshadow all around your eyes with brushes of choice. Dark eyeshadow is the core of this halloween eye makeup. If you don’t have black eyeshadow, you can use black paint from our Spooktacular Makeup Kit. Then, finish the eyeliner. Retrace the wing if needed, and then draw from the top of the wing to the inner corner of your eye. Fill it all in.
Step 3: Lips
- Use black lipstick of choice or black paint from our kit to paint the middle part of your lips. This will look like the classic, creepy-looking dolls that have small lips painted on them.
Broken Doll Makeup Tutorial (Step 4 to 6)
Step 4: Forehead Crack
- Using black paint and brushes of choice or the tool from the set, draw a large hole in the forehead. Make sure it looks jagged so you can add small fine cracks later. The crack is the star of this halloween face makeup. Fill it in.
Step 5: White Base
- Paint around your eyes, lips, and forehead crack with white makeup cream from the kit. You can use either brushes of choice or the tools included in the set. We recommend using smaller tools to paint around everything, and larger tools to fill in the rest of the face.
Step 6: Cracks + Dirt + Lashes
- Draw the small cracks coming from the large forehead hole with eyeliner. Make sure they’re all different lengths so it looks realistic. Next, draw lashes on your lower lid with eyeliner. Finally, dab black paint on different parts of your face and blend it with a sponge. This will make you look like a dirty doll, angry she’s been abandoned.
Step 7: Blood
- Drip fake blood from the corner of your eye and from the crack on your forehead. You can make a lot of drips or a few drips, whatever your preference. We went with just a few.
Your creepy doll makeup is all done! All you need is a doll costume and some black shoes to finish the look. We recommend either heels or Mary Jane shoes.
Clown Halloween Makeup
Our second choice on this list for halloween makeup looks is a scary clown. People either love or hate clowns, there is no in-between. Even if people hate clowns, they’ll love how scary good this makeup is! We chose a look inspired by Pennywise from the It remake. He’s as terrifying as clowns can get, and we wanted to channel that in this getup. You’ll really freak people out if you walk around holding balloons or fake weapons and tilt your head as you glare at everyone. Don’t forget to smile!
Like the last look, you’ll need your own eyeliner, eyeshadow, brushes, and lipstick. Everything else you need can be found in our Halloween Makeup Kit! The white makeup cream is essential for this easy scary halloween makeup. The set also comes with other paint colors if you want to change things up a little! You can make your clown as colorful as you want. We went with red as the main color. This kit not only includes fake blood gel, but fake blood spray as well! You’ll need that for this look. And as always, if you don’t have any of the makeup you need, you can always use the paint in this set!
Scary Clown Halloween Makeup Tutorial (Step 1 to 3)
Step 1: Face Lines + Nose
- Using a brush of choice or our applicator, paint red lines from the corner of your mouth to your eyes. Leave space under your eyebrow for eyeshadow to be applied later. Next, paint your nose red. You can’t have a clown without a red nose, can you?
Step 2: Eyebrows
- Draw angry black eyebrows with black crayon from our set or with paint and your brush of choice. We used paint for this. Make sure they look angry! We recommend applying then slightly above your actual eyebrows.
Step 3: Eyeliner Wing Base
- Draw the wing base of your eyeliner of choice first. No need to fill it in. This is so you can easily retrace it once eyeshadow has been applied. Make it as big or small as you want, but big enough so the eyeshadow won’t fully cover the wings. We went for big eyeliner for a bold look!
Creepy Clown Makeup Tutorial (Step 4 to 6)
Step 4: White Base
- Paint around the red and black paint using the white makeup cream. Make sure you leave space under your brow and on lower lids for eyeshadow.
Step 5: Lips
- Paint your lips red using red lipstick of choice or red paint from our kit. If you apply the lipstick and it doesn’t fully connect to the red lines, that’s okay. Go back with the red paint and connect it to your lips.
Step 6: Eyeshadow + Eyeliner
- Blend red eyeshadow on upper lid and under brow. If you don’t have red eyeshadow, you can use red paint from the set. Next, blend black eyeshadow on upper and lower lids. Black eyes will really make your clown costume look super creepy! Then, finish the eyeliner. Retrace the wing if needed, and then draw from the top of the wing to the inner corner of your eye. Fill it all in.
Evil Clown Makeup Tutorial (Step 7 to 9)
Step 7: Stitches
- Draw black lines within the red mouth lines using eyeliner or black paint. Start from the cheeks and connect to the corners of your mouth. Draw stitches on the lines.
Step 8: Lip Blending
- Blend black eyeshadow or paint into corners of mouth. This will give your lips a gradient effect.
Step 9: Blood
- Drip fake blood from the corners of your eyes and mouth, and spray fake blood on the side of your face. This look is supposed to be super creepy, so the more the better.
Your clown look is all done! Now you need a clown costume to finish it off. We recommend this one. You could match heels, boots, or Mary Jane shoes with this costume.
We hope you’re as excited as we were to try these halloween makeup and Halloween costumes ideas! You can follow the tutorials exactly, or you can experiment and adjust the makeup to your liking! Want to try out other costumes and create some cool looks of your own? Check out our collection of scary halloween costumes here! Also, we created a list for inflatable costumes, and you can find more costume ideas there. Be sure to check out the rest of our makeup too!